Sunday, May 1, 2011

AWESOME DATE WITH JESUS CHAIR

I had been looking for a small chair for my bedroom. Now my bedroom is not very big but I did have a small space between my bedroom door and the closet door to put a chair, but it had to be small.  Last Monday April 25th I got to leave work early, so I ran to Comanche to pay my car insurance. I decided to stop by the upholstery shop where I take all my furniture that needs recovering.  Stella is in the process of making curtains for my kitchen window which will match the material I bought to redo my dining chair seats.  I'm not a sewer, (except for extremely simple straight stitching) and besides she is lining the curtain for me so that's beyond what I could do.
My dining room chair reupholstered by me!!

While I was there I asked if she had any small chairs about 25 to 28" wide she was selling.  She showed me two.  They weren't right so I mentioned I was actually looking for a small ladies wingback chair. She showed me a small wingback chair, and I fell in love with it.  It's just perfect for my 5'2" body and so very comfortable.  I was going to take it home then but it wouldn't fit in my car.  She brought it to me on Friday. I needed to chair due to the fact that I fall asleep when reading my Bible in bed, which is not good.

My Date With Jesus Chair and my wonderful dog Prince
The chair only cost $40.00.  It is extremely clean and in great shape except for the place on either side where a dog had chewed on the material.  I told her that did not matter since I would have it re-upholstered later on.  I got the small stool and lamp from my Mom.  I set my alarm clock on the end table so  I would have to get up to turn it off.  One of the best things about this chair is my awesome daughters bought it for me for Mother's Day.  I have the best girls!!

Saturday morning I fixed breakfast and brought it to my chair to eat and read my Bible.  Let me tell you it was great.  For two hours I sat and read the Word of God and My Daddy talked to me.  I took notes in a little book I have.  It's full of scripture that He gave me.

My Handy Dandy Notebook

I'm not married. I have been believing God for a spirit filled sold out man of God who loves God with all his heart, soul and mind and loves his neighbor as himself.  I have scriptures written down in my little notebook, and while in my awesome Jesus chair I found one in Ecclesiastes to use.  Eccl. 4:9-12.

I also have some from Genesis 2:18; Isaiah 34:16; Proverbs 18:22.

Scriptures
Four good scriptures to go to God with to put Him in remembrance of His Word.  After all He did tell us to do that. Put Him in remembrance of His Word so believe me I do just that. I quote back to Him what His Word says.  Not in a proud and haughty manner but just say "Lord, you told us to put You in remembrance of what Your Word says, so Papa You said.........."  He likes us to do that and to truly believe that what He says He'll do HE WILL DO!!  I believe He'll do this for me therefore I receive what I ask for.




So I'm excited to start each day in my chair spending time with the Lord. Changes are coming!! And you will see and hear about them as they happen.

                                          GOD IS SO GOOD!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your Jesus date chair! I love having Jesus dates. Sometimes I even get in my car, buy a coffee, and find a lovely place to park to have my Jesus date...a great way to break the routine. I also love that you speak God's Word back to Him. Me too!

    ReplyDelete