Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wonderful Trash Day Finds

I usually don't go through my neighbor's garbage but she had something I thought I might use, but sad to say no I couldn't use it.  I did, however find these little baskets. Nothing wrong with them except they need a good cleaning. Which I intend to do tomorrow. They'll be used in my garage to hold stuff and make it a little bit more organized.


I also found this door.  I was on my way to Mom's to wash--washer broke and can't fix until I get a job :>( -- when I happened to notice this door sitting in a dumpster.  I stopped and asked the lady if it was ok for me to get it. Of course she had no problem and I was excited because I wanted it to make a potting bench.


 
I got the idea from looking at http://myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com/ which in turn sent me to http://confessionsofacurbshopaholic.blogspot.com/. (I love to read these two blogs.  They are so creative and give me some wonderful ideas.  They make me want to go out and buy the equipment to repurpose items I find or buy. HMMM what a thought I just might put that into my budget when I get a job.  First a sander then a--aw well back to what I was saying.) Rose at Confessions had made a potting bench, which I fell in love with.  Since I don't have all the equipment to make my own bench I will take the door and the wood needed to make the bench to our wood working shop at the Vo-Tech. They will make it for free since I am supplying all of the material.  Even though it might cost a little more to make then to buy one--I haven't researched to see the cost to buy a bench --I thought at least mine would be  "different and unique" which is what I'm going for anyway.  I really would like to learn how to make stuff and save me the time of hauling it to the Vo-Tech and then having to pick it up. 

Thanks to the Repurposed and Confessions blogs for giving me this great idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment