Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fun With My Family!

Just love my picture I added to my blog header! I had my week with my grandchildren right before July 4th. The Thursday before the 4th my youngest daughter flew in from Florida to pick up my wonderful granddaughter Abby and to spend some time with her Mom.  I also have a wonderful grandson who lives a heck of a lot closer than Florida! YEA!!  Just wish I could convince my daughter's husband to move back to Oklahoma, but no can do. That's o.k. Florida is a great place to visit.  Anyhoo when my daughter was here we had a day and half before her sister and brother-in-law were to come in, so we decided to have a little trip.  This picture came from that trip.  Everytime we go to the mountains, yes I know they aren't mountains to someone who lives in the Rockies or Appalacians but come on for Oklahoma they are mountains to us and we love them, the grandkids have to go to the top of Mt Scott.  Then with their nimble little feet they love to climb down and around all the rocks.  As you can see my daughter joined in with them.  Me I'm too busy taking pictures!  Love taking the pictures, but wouldn't you know it started raining while we were there.  Just loved it.  Oklahoma sure needed the rain so I was not complaining.  Suffice it to say this trip was a lot of fun. Right before the rain started coming down hard someone hollered out they had found a tarantula.  I just had to go over and check it out and took this picture.



We went to Meers and ate buffalo burgers. YUM they were sure good! And onion rings! YUM YUM they were awesome.


We were going to Medicine Park and swim in the river, but alas the rain did not allow for that.  Here's a picture of the river and my grandkids enjoying their swim.


I know it doesn't look like a river, but this is the shallow part made by rocks.  Here's the river.


You don't swim below the waterfall since there are snakes there. Yip I saw one swimming to it's hole and it was not a pretty sight.  I hate snakes!!

My family had agreed to hold off taking the kids to one of their favorite places. Why? Well, we decided as a family we all wanted to go there.  We were concerned about the rain, but decided to go anyway despite it raining. It's about an hours drive east of where I live. We all piled into the car with the picnic and swimming stuff and took off.
You know kids are funny!  If you were to look at my scrap book of my week each year with my grandkids you would see pictures of the same old places, but if we don't go to them they aren't happy.  They seem to enjoy going to the same places even though they've been there lots of time.  This next year I'm adding someplace new to our week.  Anyway back to out driving east trip.  There is a state park where I discovered a place called Little Niagara.  It's a swimming hole on a spring fed creek.


The area at the top of the falls is the shallow portion and the water is COLD!! Folks I mean freeze your butt cold even in the heat of summer, but your body adjusts and you enjoy it.  The water below the water fall is deep, so I don't allow my grandkids there. Here's my son-in-law jumping off the water fall into the deep.




Here's our picnic lunch we all had!  Aren't we a lovely group?  It's nice to be taking the picture so I don't have to be in it!!

Let's just end on this note.  Despite an overcast day and a little soft rain we all had a great time. 

So I shall end here before my kids say anything to me about the pictures I posted. Hehe! They just gotta love their Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment