Saturday, October 9, 2010

Awesome Coffee Table

Today I happened to stop by a garage sale close to my house and I found this awesome oak coffee table.



This will become a bench at the end of my full size bed in the guest room.  It has some glass stains on the top but I intend to sand this down and paint it a beautiful navy blue.  Ok, you say why paint this and not just stain it.  I could just stain but that will not fit into my bedroom theme.  My American room needs to be consistent with the theme of red, white and blue.  If I ever get a bigger house I will probably use it else where and redo it and give it an oak stain, but till then it will be painted navy.

Kim, here's my vanity after I got it setup in my room.  I'm going to paint it black and buy some square wooden knobs and paint them one of the colors in my bedspread just to give it some pop!!.


See this is much better than the small school desk I was using.  I thank God I had at least that to use, but I am really excited to do something with this.  I had the next several months all planned out on what to do, but I think I'll just take it slow and easy and  not try to feel the rush or pressure to do so much in such a short time.  First and foremost is to get the American room completed!!  Then I'll start on my room.

Just ignore my image in the mirror.  I didn't even think about that when I was taking this picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment