Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I'm Back

So much has happened in the last two to three years that I haven't had the time to sit down and create a post. It's mostly been 3 years of exhaustion physically and mentally. Time line of what's been going on in my life.

July 2012 to Jan 3 My mother came to live with me since her memory was getting bad. Towards the end of December she ended up in the hospital for evaluation and after the two weeks of evaluation they told us she needed 24 hour care. We had to put her in the nursing home my Dad was in before he died in 2003.

One thing I can say is that my heart goes out to those who take care of a parent. I worked and then went home and took care of Mom. I loved having her there, but it was like dealing with a young child. I was physically and emotionally exhausted after 6 months. If you are someone who is taking care of a parent I pray that God gives you the strength and energy you need to complete your task. I admire you for being willing to love and take care of your parent.

2013 was a year of exhaustion for me. Although there was the highlight in Oct, Nov & Dec of being able to travel for my work. It was fun but exhausting. My co-workers and I worked long hours helping a new company Halliburton had purchased to catch up, but we enjoyed being together and learned to work as one.  It was fun learning about my co-workers.  Things I never would have learned if we had never taken the this trip. 
                                              Sleeping during layover in Dallas Lovefield. 

2014 was filled with more travel for work in February and March, but it was also a sad time for me. My wonderful Cocker Spaniel, Prince, had to be put down. His lungs were full of cancer and it broke my heart to see him suffer, but he's in a better place with Jesus healthy and whole. I was still physically exhausted all the time. The doctor stated I had depression, but every prescription he gave me made me sick. Needless to say I found other ways to help me feel better, which is get into the Word of God and find scriptures to quote over myself. It helped!!


A picture of my sweet baby Prince. Gone on to be with Jesus.
 
2015 Still physically tired all the time but doing better than previous 2 years. In November I had surgery on my right knee. Finally after years of pain I can walk without hurting!! Something about having this surgery was a turn around for me physically and emotionally.  Every month I seemed to get better and my tiredness has been dwindling more each month.

2016 All I can say is it has been a fun 4 months since the surgery.  I finally had my last physical therapy  Wednesday March 4th.  Now if the swelling will just go down and stay gone. As stated after surgery my physical and emotional exhaustion seemed to dwindle each month.  I am coming back stronger than before I started taking care of Mom. To God be the glory!!! So, I'm believing this year is going to be an awesome year with not only changes in my home but most importantly changes in my inner being as well as my physical and emotional being!! With God's help all things are possible!

This is my year of growth! 

So, I am back and will get to do more posts about crafting, home makeovers and every Thursday by "Thankful Thursday" series.  I realize I am not the most eloquent writer but I do try to write from my heart.   See ya'll tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment