Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PRAISE GOD I HAVE A JOB!!!!

You heard my complaints on a recent post about not having a job.  Well I have one!  Not full time, but 3 days a week, 5 hrs a day.  My brother-in-law, who is a hospice chaplain, called about one of his patients needing help cleaning her home and cooking a meal for her and hubby.   I went over while he was visiting them and talked with a wonderful little lady.  She has COPD and is unable to keep house or cook like she used to.  Her hubby is on Home Care and she is on hospice.  She is a talker!! You don't have to think about saying anything.  I really enjoyed talking with her and will start tomorrow.  I go in at 9:00 and leave at 2:00.  I  told her up front that I am looking for something full time and she had no problem with it.  At least I will be making some money to help pay the big majority of my bills. YEA AND PRAISE GOD HE IS SOO GOOD TO ME!!  Yesterday I had Express Personnel call, and see if I wanted to work temporary for a day.  I took it and worked 6 1/4 hours answering the phone.  I read most of the day between phone calls.  Kinda boring but was thrilled to be making some money!  I decided when I get a job I'm not going to complain about it.  I'm going in with the idea that I want to do my very best and be a light for Jesus to those around me.  I did my best before in every job I had but like most people always found something to complain about.  I don't want to fall into that trap again.  I figure if God gave it to me then He wants me to shine for Him while I am there.  Guess, He has really been working on me while I am off and has helped me change my attitude about some things.   This new job is a way to see if it was a complete change or just a temporary change.  I choose to believe it is a forever change!!!  

 I'm still praying  the one job I interviewed for will call me, but so far no!  They told me "soon" but what their soon is and what mine is are two different things.  I've called them two weeks in a row.  First week they called me back and the second week (last week) they still have not answered me back.  I figure what the hay I'm not calling anymore.  If I don't hear from them in the next week or two I'll just chalk it up to as they've already hired someone.  That was the one job I really, really wanted!!

THANK YOU JESUS FOR MY NEW PART-TIME JOB!!! WHOO HOOOO!!!


ADDENDUM:  When I went to the job cleaning/cooking for the lady I mentioned above--her daughter and I went to get groceries.  WHile there I got a call from Express Personnel about a job in  Marlow at a place called Terraco Environmental.  It's an trucking company who does all types of oilfield work.  They needed someone to do their quick books.  It starts out working through Express Personnel on a 90 day lets see if this works out with me and then turns to permanent if they like my work.  God gave me the perfect place to work.  I'm seeing the flip side of freight billing from the freight companies side vs paying the freight bills I used to do while at Halliburton. AND bonus!! My favorite job at Halliburton was working as the freight resolution clerk until they started switching people to other jobs.  They just told us and we had to go!  Well, I'm really excited to see the opposite side of that!! YEA!!  I'ts a small office of just about 4 people, but generally I only see 2 of them and the others come sliding in sometime during the day very briefly.  When the lady leaves in two weeks I'll probably only be seeing 1 consistently during the day and he comes and goes during the day, so that leaves chunks of time by myself.  That's ok with me! This is the perfect job for me!! YEA  I LOVE IT!  GOD IS SOOOO GOOD  TO ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment