Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Weekend Night Going to School Play

Tonight I went with my family, sister, brother and nieces included, to see a school play. It was Neil Simon's "God's Favorite" taken from the book of Job in the Bible. We all really enjoyed it. It was about a wealthy man, just like Job, who satan puts to the test to see if he would renounce God, but just like in the book Job he refuses despite losing everything. Most people think it was God doing the testing, but if they will take a good look and read slowing and carefully the first two chapters of Job you will see it was not God but satan who did all the destroying. God had lifted His hand from Job due to one thing. Job had stated "The thing I feared has come upon me." Fear allowed the entrance for satan to come in and destroy and, yes, I know God did allow the hedge to be removed from about Job, but in the end it was Job's own fear that opened the door. OK enough preaching! We all throughly enjoyed the play and had a great laugh at how Mr Simon wrote the play! Only thing is he left it with people thinking God did the testing! Ah, well some would say that is a theological discussion we would be better off to agree to disagree on .

When we came out of the play the wind had picked up and the temperature had dropped. We rushed home and popped some popcorn and watched X Men 2. Ah, what a wonderful end to a great Saturday with my daughter and grandson. It's 12:10 and I guess I really should stop and get some sleep so I will get up and feel refreshed for church tomorrow.

Ciao everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful night's rest and a great day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment