Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'M BACK!! YEA!

I haven't written anything on my blog since a couple weeks or more before Christmas.  At that time I was preparing for my family to come to my house for Christmas.  Then after Christmas I got sick and really did not feel like sitting down and writing anything, but PRAISE GOD I am finally well.  Two and one-half months of sinus problems and a fuzzy head was more that enough for me.  God has been good to me even during those times of feeling bad.  I got my income tax in and had work done on my car which was great because when I was taking my grandson to meet his parents (parent actually my daughter had fallen and twisted her ankle and couldn't come)we almost had a major wreck.  We were taking a curve in OKC that would take us the last 3 or 4 miles to the Loves gas station right before the Tulsa turn pike.  I was going about 70, ok I was going 70, and when I came around the curve I saw a semi was in front of me.  He decided to move over into the right lane and that's when I saw all the cars with brake lights on.  I slammed on my brakes and PRAISE GOD His angels took charge over us and protected us.  The semi no more than moved into the right lane than he immediately switched back into the lane I was in again.  I just know God kept me from hitting anyone and no one hit me from behind.  How my car stayed in the lane I was in is a miracle.  After I came to a complete stop the lane started moving.  I just praised God all the way to the gas station for His protection!
My grandson didn't seem to phased by it all.  I figure he knew God would take care of us.

On a good note!! When I went to visit Misty for her b'day we went shopping.  Ah, yes one of my favorite things to do.  Especially when I have a little money.  I had just sold my old car, yea!!, and had paid my tithe and offering so had some to spend.  I really needed bras.  I mean when you have one that is about 7 years old and one that is two years old and falling apart it is definitely time to get new ones.  We went to one of my favorite stores, JCP.  JC Penny's for anyone who isn't sure what JCP is.  Any hoo after trying on clothes and finding nothing my daughter said she needed to look at bras.  I had an "ah ha" moment.  I need bras so great lets go look.  JCP was having a sell and on that Saturday they had scratch off cards for more off of your purchase.  I found one I liked and fit really great so decided I would buy 3 since they were on sale from $33.00 to 19.99.  I had the money so why not I really needed them.  The cashier asked if I wanted to open a Penny's credit card, oops did I just say that?, yip I did! She stated if I opened one that I would get an extra 10% off my purchase.  I told her let's go ahead and try, but I doubt I get approved since my credit was not that good due to being off work for 4 months last year.  SURPRISE  it got approved, so with that 10% and  the 20% scratch off  I was able to purchase the bras for $15.43 each.  These were Playtex and they fit really well.  I decided since they were that cheap I would add one more. So, for the first time EVER in my life I own 4 great fitting bras. I charged them then immediately turned around and paid them off.  Yip wise thing to do!!  I'm not going to use it unless I can do that!! So all in all we had a really fun weekend.  Except when I got home and stopped at Walgreen's I locked my key's in the car.  Had to have Walgreen's call a lock smith, but the blessing is I have road side assistance on my cell phone so they will pay for it.  I sent them my receipt.  Hopefully, I'll get a check back fast.

Another good thing is I was given this great old mirror.  I work in the back part of an old house in Marlow.  The owner's had remodeled the bathroom and the room I work in.  It's a really nice old home with lots of potential. Wood floors which I really love. Any hoo, there was a good size mirror in one of the bedroom's.  I asked Grace, the owner, about the mirror and told her if they did not want it I would purchase it from them.  She said no I could just have it.  YEA!!  All I need to do is clean it up and paint the wood around the mirror.  Sucka's heavy!! Even has the wire on back to hang it.  I'll make sure the screws are in studs before I hang it.


 Please ignore the saw horses.  This is in my garage right now awaiting it's turn to be worked on.  I've been working on a dresser for one of my bedrooms and the garage is a mess with saw dust, drawers, etc.  The picture above this one just shows the trim around the mirror. I have it standing against a cow rocking horse I've had for years.  Wish my home was big enough to put it inside, but alas it's not so it's relegated to the garage. Well, more to come on the dresser but for now GOD BLESS each of you.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say thanks for always being such an encouragement on my blog. Have your ever gone through a time where you feel God is doing painful heart surgery on you? Well, that's me right now! Your love and prayers make a difference!

    ReplyDelete