Saturday, June 4, 2011

MONOPOLY MONEY/HOUSES AND A TIN CAN

While browsing through someones link party(I can't remember whose or even what blog I went to wish I did so I could give them both credit) I came across a project someone had done out of a tin can and monopoly money.  I thought that would be fun and easy.  Now when you see mine you can have a good laugh.  It's not pretty but hey I am going to use it to put a plant in. Who knows how it's going to hold up but everything was free.  The tin cans, monopoly money and houses I got off Free Cycle. So for your viewing pleasure here is what I started with.


A gallon tin can, monopoly money and the green houses.  I only used the 1, 5, 10, 20 and 50 play money.  Using my handy dandy Mod Podge I glued the money all around the can.  There was a small space at the bottom where the money did not cover the can.  I started to put more of the money there but decided to glue the greens houses around the bottom.  For this I used Gorilla Glue.  When I finished with the houses at the bottom I thought the top looked  rather bare so I spaced some houses around the top.
Ok it's not beautiful or even pretty (hmm where have I heard that line at before anyone know?) but it was kinda fun doing it.  Since I have thirteen more houses I thought about spacing them equal distance between the ones at the top. What do you think?  Should I or shouldn't I?  I'm going to get an ivy and put it in the can, so maybe that will help make it look better. Course I am going to have to poke some holes in the bottom before I do that to help with drainage or I could put some pop corn and rocks in the bottom to help.  I have to think about which I want to do.  If I ever decide to do another one I am going to put the money in different ways, slanted, straight, etc. that way it will cover the top rim and bottom. 

Give me your honest opinion. Ugly or pretty?  Hey I can take it!! Anyway it's all in the fun of doing it!!! Which I really did enjoy doing except for getting Gorilla Glue on my fingers.  That stuff is hard to get off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment