Saturday, February 6, 2010

Christmas Day Snow


Well, here it is the first of Feburary and I haven't done anything since my birthday!! What can I say? My life consists of work, eat, sleep, go to church! You know the circle of life things you do! I had to work up until the day before Christmas Eve! :>( Not used to doing that but it was rather wonderful when I woke up in the wee hours of the morning to let the dog out and it was raining, BUT then when I woke up again around 8:00 it was windy and sleeting. By the afternoon snow had joined in. To say the least I was enjoying the nice cozy, warm house and thinking I don't have to go back to work until January 4th. Christmas Day came and it was still snowing and freezing your but off cold and "YEA" the puppy dog and I had Christmas all to ourselves since my sister and her family were coming in from Houston and got stuck in a hotel in Davis on Christmas Eve. Ah, what a wonderful peaceful day!!! By Saturday I was going a little stir crazy from being in the house for two days, but it turned out to be a sunny day so I got out and shoveled the snow and wouldn't you know typical Oklahoma weather there was a layer of ice underneath, but I got enough off to get the car out and at least make a run to Walmart for some goodies that I needed. I can say this was a memorable Christmas and one I throughly enjoyed!! As soon as I can get the photos off the memory card I'll add some to this post!! Doesn't my house look beautiful and pristine with the snow? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment