Thursday, May 10, 2018

Summer Reading

                            There's nothing more relaxing then reading a good book!


I've loved to read since I was a young girl in grade school. Fact is I would love a small library to fill with books I'd love to read over and over, but alas I don't have that except for 3 bookcases full of good books.   I find nothing more relaxing then sitting on my lounger on the patio reading, but, unfortunately, there are not enough of those days
 
 As you may have read in a previous post I am decluttering my house.  I've actually stopped doing the declutter until my wonderful exchange student goes home in June.  I've enjoyed having him live with me for the past 3 months. When the weather co-operated we've been going to places in Oklahoma for him to see.  It's been an experience with him in my home.  Aitor, he's from Spain, is a vegetarian, so I've been learning to cook and eat vegetarian.  I couldn't eat that way all the time.  Love my meats way too much to do that.  When he goes home I intend to start going back to Keto way of eating.  I felt much better on it than I do eating any other way.  All that aside, here's what I am going to read this summer.


                                      

The Magnolia Story - Chip and Joanna Gaines The Magnolia Story

Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff  - Chip Gaines

The Paradigm - Jonathan Cahn

The Circle Maker - Mark Batterson

The Trump Prophecies - The Trump Prophecies: The Astonishing True Story of the Man Who Saw Tomorrow... and What He Says Is Coming Next

I figured I'd balance two secular books with three spiritual books.  I've learned to enjoy life by balancing out my God time with rest of my time.  Put Him first and the rest seems to fall into place.

I know this is not the most exciting post, but since I'm an avid reader then I figured why not write a post about what I enjoy reading.  I'll throw in some books I just purchased on organizing and decluttering along with these, but figured that would make for a very long post! LOL

Everyone have an enjoyable summer and try not to get too sunburned.

Brenda aka Oklahomaredhead

No comments:

Post a Comment