Saturday, August 13, 2011

I LOVE LUCY TIME

My darling niece  called me while I was having my vacation and asked if I could take care of her precious little bundle of joy Lucy.  Of course I said "YES!". I mean how could I pass up this wonderful opportunity to spend time with Lucy.  My darling niece brought her little bundle of joy over around 11:00.  She told me that she would probably be back around 4:30 or 5:00 to pick her up.  That was fine with me after all when would this opportunity arise again to spend time with little Lucy.



Here's a picture of Lucy.

 Ha! Gotcha I know you were thinking I was talking about a baby.  Wrong Becca is not married but she just got her first puppy dog.  She brought Lucy when she came to visit her parents. Her Mom couldn't dog sit since she had to pray and study for her sermon the next day.  I got the privilege of dog sitting.  Lucy is around three months, I think, in this picture. She is a bundle of energy! While she was at the house she rarely stopped moving.


Here she is with Prince having a great time aggravating him.  She loved to chew on his short tail and the back of his legs.  After a while Prince decided this little play mate was too much!! He'd try to get away from her but she would just follow where ever he went. Lucy found Prince's basket of toys to play with and pulled out a tennis ball and chew bone.  She really liked the chew bone. 


Even when she was trying to take a nap every time someone would move she'd pop here cute little head up.
The funniest thing she did was when she discovered Prince's water bowl.  She would take a drink and then put almost are entire body in his bowl then with her front legs start splashing water everywhere. Twice I had to clean up a big water mess she made on the floor.   I never was able to get a picture of it but it was rather cute.  Becca said she likes to swim so I guess maybe she thought it was a little swimming pool.  

My darling granddaughter had left her back pack on the floor. Lucy seemed to like it and would lay down on it to chew her bone.  Sometimes she would try to chew on the bag strap.  I think the little bundle of joy was teething.
Once Prince got up in my lap to get away from her.  She couldn't stand that he was up in my lap so she tried to get up in the chair with us.
Here we are all in the chair. Ok, ignore the table next to me.  With five us in my 1200 square foot house it got kinda messy when they were here.  We did pickup every night so it wouldn't look so bad.

Here's some pictures of Lucy playing with my daughter and grand daughter.

 She is a very good and obedient dog.  The only problem I had was she is still in the midst of being potty trained.  She does fine when she has to pee but with the other well let's just say she is still learning.  We had one accident and that was it.  Thank God I still had some dog stuff to clean it up with. 

I leave you with one last picture of Miss Lucy!

I don't know why she liked my black pillows. Prince loves them to. 

Don't know if I'll ever get to dog sit again, but that's ok.  This day we all had a grand time playing with her.  Prince was definitely glad when she left.  It was as if he gave a big sigh of relieve.  No more little sharp teeth chewing on his tail or legs!

My brother-in-law called about an hour after Becca got back home asking me what I did to her.  He said for the rest of the night all she did was lay in Becca's lap and sleep.  I told him that Lucy never stopped long enough while she was with us to get a good nap.  She always had to know what was going on.  I thought it was rather funny.

Hope you have enjoyed Little Lucy!  Have a blessed rest of the weekend.












1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little bundle of joy she is. Sounds like she had a great time at your home. No wonder she was so worn out when she got home.

    ReplyDelete